New Mexico’s state vegetable is the chile pepper, and Select New Mexico offers them in several degrees of hotness: mild, hot, and extra hot jalapeño peppers. These flavorful little veggies kick up the taste of the iconic beef (or turkey) burger. Add your favorite toppings: sautéed onions, shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, and mayo, or drizzle Select New Mexico Chili con Queso for the best burger on the planet!
1¾ pounds ground beef sirloin or ground (dark meet) turkey
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tbsp worcestershire
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh frozen Select New Mexico green chile (mild, hot, or extra hot jalapeños)
6 slices of cheddar cheese
Add shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, pickles, sauteed onions, and any of your favorite toppings
6 burger buns (room temp or toasted)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground beef (or ground turkey) with worcestershire, garlic powder, and onion powder. Form into six 4-inch-wide patties. Lightly sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Thaw and gently sauté green chiles in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
4. Grill burgers 3 – 4 minutes. Turn over, cover, and grill other side until nearly done. Place a slice of cheese on each burger and let melt for 1 minute.
5. Place burger on burger bun, add sautéed green chile and your favorite toppings.
6. Serve with chips, fries, or other side, and enjoy!